Energy projects are notoriously unpredictable, and emerging markets present additional risk to project investors. To secure reliable project cash flows, investors should engage a project management consultancy with both appropriate energy technology expertise as well as emerging market experience.
Through our experience on the advisory side, EPIC has a proven track-record record of helping clients deliver project lifecycle certainty to energy financiers, developers, operators and investors in rapidly expanding emerging markets.
From project development through construction, strong project management is critical to the success of every project. Early engagement of an experienced project manager can incorporate lessons learned from previous renewable and conventional energy projects to minimize risk, reduce costs and increase investor returns. EPIC and our partners has a proven track record of efficiently managing projects from development and financial close, through construction and commercial operations.
We set ourselves apart by providing world-class resources to every project in order afford our client’s true business case certainty. Our project resources all have the following minimum qualifications:
- Experience – real world experience designing, building and operating renewable & conventional energy projects in emerging markets such as Southeast Asia
- Technical Expertise – technical and engineering expertise in all phases of the project
- Certification – Project Management Institute PMP (Project Management Professional)
- Methodology – the Investment Grade Verification assures attention to risk interfaces that impact investor returns
- Education – EPIC consultants have advanced degrees in engineering, construction or business management
Conception & Development Phase
Construction & Operations Phase
- Performing up-front diligence and identifying key risks and structuring a mitigation plan
- Optimizing development budget
- Proper risk allocation and management of counterparties with objective to successful financial close
- Technically and financially enforceable EPC contracts
- Identification, negotiation, structuring and securing world-class O&M expertise
- Path-of-least-resistance approach to project development
- One-stop & holistic strategy to minimize costs for development scope and schedule
- Financial optimization to achieve technical and commercial feasibility
- Collaboration with world-class owner’s engineering firms where in-house expertise is unavailable
- On-the-ground resources to ensure timely & smooth project execution